75% of the human body consists of water. Tissues of a young body especially rich in water, and it is designed so that it can not function normally without water. Dehydration of the body by 10% leads to mental and physical incapacity. Loss of 20% water leads to the death of the body. Therefore, nutritionists recommend consuming 1.5 to 4 liters of fluid per day.
With age, the amount of water gradually decreases: for example, 95% of water in the body of a three-month-old fetus, 85% in a five-month-old fetus, 70% in a newborn child, and about 65% in an adult. In this regard, scientists believe that a decrease in the ability of colloidal substances in the body, especially proteins, to bind large amounts of water is one of the reasons for the aging of the body.
We all know that drinking water is good for our body, but even knowing this, many people drink very little plain water and replace them with various drinks. In general, modern people of soda, alcoholic drinks, as well as fruit juices and milk.
However, there are a number of important reasons that can not be denied, for which our health depends on it, and so we must often drink water without replacing them!
9 reasons to drink water:
1) Losing excess weight. Water is one of the best tools in the fight against obesity! Moreover, water is a strong appetite suppressant, and often when we think of hunger, we still want to drink.
2) A healthy heart. reduce water consumption to a minimum, and often instead of water we use coffee, tea, a lot
The use of water in large quantities reduces the risk of a heart attack.
3) Loss of Energy. Dehydration of your body by only 1-2% of the total body weight can make you feel tired. If you want to drink, it means that you are already dehydrated, and this can lead to fatigue and muscle weakness.
4) Treatment of headache. Another sign of dehydration is a headache. Too often, when we have a headache, it is the result of inadequate water intake.
5) Healthy skin. Water cleanses the skin. Of course, this does not happen immediately, but if you lead a habit of drinking more water, then you will undoubtedly notice the difference.
6) Problems with digestion. In humans, the digestive system requires a lot of water in order to normally digest food. Often water helps to solve problems with high stomach acidity.
7) Toxins. Water serves the body to remove toxins and harmful substances.
8) Cancer. The risk of getting cancer of the digestive tract in people consuming sufficient amounts of water is 45% less than in people who drink little water. It also reduces the risk of bladder and the breast cancer by 50%.
9) Sports achievements. Dehydration can be a serious obstacle to sports. Due to general fatigue you can simply not cope with the load, and this is fraught with injuries.